This course addresses the importance of assessing a family history of breast cancer in your patients, and identifies risk-reducing strategies for women who are found to be at increased risk.
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- use a systematic approach to assess a woman’s risk of developing breast or ovarian cancer cancer due to family history
- describe appropriate referral of a woman to a family cancer clinic
- explain the role of a family cancer clinic
- discuss the process of genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility
- discuss risk-reducing strategies with women at high-risk, or potentially high-risk, of developing breast or ovarian cancer