This course focuses on the available treatment options following diagnosis and is divided into two parts. Module 1 concentrates on the referral process, treatment team and surgical treatment options. Module 2 covers chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal and targeted therapies.
Following participation in this session, a participant will be able to:
- Apply the triple test as a systematic approach to a woman with a new breast symptom
- Recognise locally appropriate referral pathways
- Explain the rationale for breast cancer treatments
- Recognise and appropriately manage common side effects of treatment and treatment-related emergencies
- Identify latest advances in breast cancer treatment