This course focuses on the available treatment options following diagnosis and is divided into two parts. Module 1 concentrates on the referral process, treatment team and surgical treatment options. Module 2 covers chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormonal and targeted therapies.
Following participation in this session, a participant will be able to:
- Apply the triple test as a systematic approach to a woman with a new breast symptom
- Recognise locally appropriate referral pathways
- Explain the rationale for breast cancer treatments
- Recognise and appropriately manage common side effects of treatment and treatment-related emergencies
- Identify latest advances in breast cancer treatment
eLearning package notice
Please note that some eLearning packages may require that you download the free Articulate Mobile Player app if you are using iOS Apple or Android based devices.