This course addresses the importance of adopting a systematic approach to investigating a women with a new breast symptom.
- Apply the triple test as a systematic approach to investigating a woman with a new breast symptom
- Understand appropriate breast imaging for any woman with a new localised breast symptom (including local mastalgia)
- Differentiate the role of diagnostic breast imaging from a breast screening service
- Discuss appropriate further investigations for a symptomatic solid lesion confirmed on medical imaging
- Understand the role of the GP in the investigation and appropriate referral of a woman who presents with a symptomatic breast lesion