Strengthening the capabilities of our world-class cancer nursing workforce
To support Australia’s cancer nurses in their ongoing professional development learning, the Cancer Nurses Society of Australia (CNSA) is reviewing the National Professional Development Framework for Cancer Nursing (EdCan Framework). This will involve a scoping study to provide a comprehensive profile of existing specialist nursing frameworks and their key elements and understand the Australian Cancer Nurses views on the Framework and pathways to specialisation.
As part of the evolution of the professional development Framework, Cancer Australia will close the EdCaN website, www.edcan.org.au, from 27 October 2023.
For more information about the review please email the CNSA at email@example.com.
The Case Study videos within EdCaN can continue to be accessed here.
The National Professional Development Framework for Cancer Nursing is still available here.
- All nurses achieve the core capabilities required in cancer control.
- Specialist cancer nurses benchmark against the specialist cancer nurse competency standards.
- Educators facilitate learning for all nurses in cancer control.
- A national framework for cancer nursing education that contributes to the development of a nursing workforce capable of meeting the future needs of people with cancer.
- A suite of supporting educational resources sufficiently flexible to meet local needs while addressing issues associated with long-term workforce preparation.