This website, developed from the National Cancer Nursing Education Project (EdCaN), provides a competency standards framework and a suite of learning resources targeted at building capacity of the nursing workforce in cancer control, with the ultimate aim of improving health outcomes for people affected by cancer.
- All nurses achieve the core capabilities required in cancer control.
- Specialist cancer nurses benchmark against the specialist cancer nurse competency standards.
- Educators facilitate learning for all nurses in cancer control.
- A national framework for cancer nursing education that contributes to the development of a nursing workforce capable of meeting the future needs of people with cancer.
- A suite of supporting educational resources sufficiently flexible to meet local needs while addressing issues associated with long-term workforce preparation.