To provide health professionals with practical tools for applying the latest evidence based practice in their investigation and referral of patients who may have lung cancer.
- Identify the risk factors, symptoms and signs of lung cancer
- Explain why early and rapid referral into the cancer care pathway is important for patient outcome
- Demonstrate knowledge of best practice assessments of patients who may have lung cancer using best practice assessment incorporating the investigation and refer
- Refer patients with symptoms of lung cancer promptly to a specialist linked to a multidisciplinary team
- Define the importance and role of multidisciplinary teams in the assessment and management of patients who may have lung cancer